"Professionals who are used to exercising their expertise within the confines of their disciplines are now challenged to confront issues at the interface of their expertise and the expertise in allied fields of knowledge." - Colin I. Bradford, Beyond the Washington Consensus
Whether providing a single workshop or providing a long term consultancy for a new program, Globalhood provides expertise in the following services:
- Organizational Development: Organizational culture, mission, and structure.
- Organizational Systems: Planning and decision making framework, financial operations, knowledge management, staff and client diversity issues, staff training on multidisciplinary and collaborative methodologies, capacity building for sustainable, system-wide solutions.
- Network Building: Consultations with experts in relevant fields, partnership development, communication tools, and liaising with stakeholders, partners, and beneficiary populations.
- Funding: Fiscal sponsorship (501(c)(3) tax-exempt status), fundraising and development (grant proposals, campaigns, events), revenue generation/earned income strategies
- Strategy: Performance targets, new program development and replication strategies; Strategy in identifying and prioritizing influencing factors and relationships. Needs assessment, due diligence, and sector research
- Evaluation: Monitoring and evaluation tools, participant surveys and performance assessment
- Incubation: Guidance on how to turn vision into reality, germinating our clients’ ideas into functional projects or organizations. Globalhood addresses the barriers to entry that impede many worthwhile projects and organizations. We provide administrative support, fundraising, and project planning and implementation services to start up development projects and organizations. Start-up projects without tax-exempt status will be able to access grants and foundation support through our fiscal sponsorship service.
- Program Implementation & Service Delivery: Globalhood will apply its multidisciplinary approach when implementing projects for clients such as the United Nations, NGOs and companies seeking effective CSR projects. Globalhood can also play a transitional role, until a project is self-sufficient, by providing technical assistance, capacity building, access to tools and toolkits, partners, and best practices to incorporate into projects.
Globalhood sets itself apart from traditional consulting firms not only because of its multidisciplinary model, but also in that it has a proven track record and capacity for understanding local context and implementing effective development projects.
Our roster of consultants currently includes over 80 professionals with an average of ten years experience in their respective fields, ranging from microfinance to health to humanitarian relief (appendix A). In addition to their specialization, they also have experience in donor and program country relations, partnership development, and project design and management. We also draw upon our network of over 700 contacts across over 90 countries, as sources of partnership and expertise for our clients. Globalhood’s current staff volunteers are from 14 different countries, speak a combined 13 languages, and 11 of them have over ten years of experience in the field.